The Sales Representative is responsible for promoting Hot Shot Services Courier, distribution and warehousing services to current and potential clientele, specifically in regions that Hot Shot Services does the majority of their distribution.
The Sales Representative will be responsible for service promotion activities and campaigns in accordance with all applicable company and regulatory standards. Key activities include face-to-face sales calls with current and potential customers, distribution of company sales materials and gifts, attendance at company/company sponsored meetings or events; some meetings may occur during evening or weekend hours; and travel may be necessary. They are also responsible for appropriately recording sales call notes, tracking company promotional supplies, and other sales related activities. Representatives are responsible for effectively communicating product and industry knowledge to various external and internal customers. Partner with management, peers, marketing, and other sales support staff to implement sales strategies.
Sales Representatives are held accountable for consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals and objectives for designated services. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Job offers will be contingent upon satisfactory receipt of business references, a federal background check, and successful completion of a drug screen on or before the first day of work. Based on job function, additional verifications may be required such as, but not limited to a detailed motor vehicle check and proof of valid driver’s license, educational verifications confirmed by appropriate learning institutions, and verification of specific licensures/certifications.
- Minimum two (2) years of outside sales experience required
- Strong track record of consistent documented success (such as sales performance, leadership, and/or increased responsibilities) required
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean motor vehicle record
- Must have a reliable personal vehicle for sales meetings and possible out-of-town travel
- Ability to travel and stay overnight as needed
- Strong business acumen including excellent communication, interpersonal, and persuasive skills
- High level of integrity, personal motivation, and sense of urgency
- Proficient with MS Office in a Windows environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; talk or hear.
- Duties require the ability to operate a motor vehicle
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Employee must be able to manipulate keyboard or otherwise access computer, telephone and hand-held devices
Regular attendance is required and is essential to meeting the expectations of the job functions
Attendance at company-sponsored meetings is required. Some meetings or meeting-related travel may occur during evening or weekend hours